- Flocculant/coagulant blend designed for use with Reverse Osmosis (RO) pretreatment equipment
- Enhances multimedia and cartridge filter performance resulting in reduced turbidity and color for better quality RO feed water
- Economical to use because of its low dosage requirements
- Contains 8% soluble ferric ion blended with a low charge- density organic polymer
- Compatible with polyamide and cellulose acetate membranes
- Effective over a wide pH range, but should be applied at a pH < 7 to minimize ferric ion carryover
- Appearance: Dark brown liquid
- Odor: Characteristic odor
- pH (as is) @ 25°C: < 2.0
- Solubility in water: Complete
- Specific Gravity: 1.20 ± 0.05
- 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon non-returnable plastic drums, 275 gallon totes
Safety and Handling
Store in a cool area and protected from freezing. If freezing occurs, the product should be thawed completely and agitated prior to subsequent use. The shelf life of AWC CP-200 is 2 years when stored at temperatures between 5 and 30°C. For more information, see the Safety Data Sheet provided with this product.
Chemical Feeding and Control
May be dosed anywhere between 1 to 30ppm based on jar testing results. AWC CP-200 is acidic and can lower the pH of the feed water if there is insufficient alkalinity (minimum 0.25 ppm alkalinity per 1 ppm of AWC CP-200 dosed). Significant overdosing may result in ferric ion carryover, and can result in a net dispersion effect of the suspended solids – dosage should be maintained based on jar testing results. If there are any questions, please contact American Water Chemicals for specific dosing instructions.
Should be fed neat if possible. If a dilution is necessary, dilute no more than 4 to 1 with RO permeate or DI water. Should be injected at least 15 feet (5m) upstream of multimedia or cartridge filters to allow for sufficient mixing and coagulation. Do not use static mixers ahead of the filters as the shear imparted by this equipment will degrade the polymers contained in this formulation.