Respond to customer order and quotation requests received via outside salespersons, telephone and e-mail. Coordinate with other departments in handling purchase orders, delivery dates, and providing service to customers. Support salespeople as needed to help grow the company’s customer base and maintain existing customers.
- Call existing customers that have not purchased for an extended period of time (inactive accounts) to ensure that they don’t run out of product.
- Forward leads to Sales Managers for follow up and closing.
- Manage and maintain CRM database of prospects.
- Identify public bids that are relevant to the company’s products, and prepare and submit compliant bids to gain new municipal/state/federal contracts.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the competition within the market through research of competitive products, self-education and training sessions.
- Prepare and submit proposals. Generate oral and written quotations.
- Track open purchase orders
- Perform follow-up to ensure timely shipment of materials and customer satisfaction
- Provide excellent customer service
- Provide support to company staff in a wide variety of marketing and sales related tasks including arrangements for trade shows, working with graphics designers to update marketing materials, etc…
- Support sales staff as needed to ensure growth of company’s customer base, and maintenance of existing customers.
- Must be attentive to detail in all activities
- Meticulous attention to detail in all daily duties
- Ability to do juggle multiple projects while still remaining extremely organized
- Self management of time and priorities
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes clear articulation and the ability to assist customers in resolving any technical or logistics related issues by acting as an intermediary with the relevant departments.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Must be very well versed in the use of MS Office and Adobe products.
- This position will be very fast paced and will require performance of multiple parallel duties at any given time.
- Must be self driven.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a B2B customer service and sales support role.
- Minimum 2 year Associate’s Degree is required but a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. Science related degrees will be given a higher preference.